1/3 Photos of Caesar Salad Supreme
2 hrs 20 mins
My family thinks this is the best Caesar Salad they have ever eaten. I've served it many times at various functions and have been asked for the recipe more times than I can say.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 anchovies, drained and chopped (optional)
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Prepare lettuce by washing and drying thoroughly.
- 2Tear lettuce into bite size pieces, place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for several hours.
- 3Mix olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and anchovies in a jar, shake vigorously and refrigerate.
- 4Shake often while refrigerating.
- 5Just before serving, put the lettuce and croutons in a large bowl, shake the dressing and pour over the lettuce, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss until all leaves are coated.
- 6Make a well in the center of the lettuce.
- 7Place the egg yolks in the well and top with the lemon juice.
- 8Toss, toss, toss and toss some more.
- 9Add more parmesan if desired (I like lots).
- 10One secret to a good Caesar Salad is in the tossing.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.2
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 551.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: