Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was hosting a baby shower one day, and one of the guests offered to bring a caesar salad. She forgot to bring the salad dressing! I didn't have any of the bottled stuff so I threw this together. I don't put any egg in the sauce itself, but I serve the salad with bacon bits and hard boiled, chopped up eggs on top. I also HATE anchovies. So you won't find any in here. If you like them, you will have to figure out on your own how much paste to use!
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise (miracle whip is tangier than regular mayo)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (skim, 2%, doesn't matter)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (I just use the stuff from the shaker)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- I usually mix it in a jar and shake it until everything is blended. If you can let the dressing sit for at least 30 minutes, the flavours will blend much better.
- Can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.