Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from The Barefoot Contessa. I modified it a bit to suit my family's tastes.
Make and share this Caesar Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 113.39 g thinly sliced pancetta
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 22.18 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml good mayonnaise
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 56.69 g romaine lettuce, chopped
- 85.04 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pancetta on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Place the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until minced.
- Add mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and process again to make a smooth dressing.
- (Refrigerate the Caesar dressing if not using it immediately.).
- Slice the ciabatta in half horizontally and separate the top from the bottom.
- Toast the bread in the oven, cut side up, for 5 to 7 minutes; cool slightly.
- Spread the cut sides of each piece with the Caesar dressing.
- Place half the chopped romaine on the bottom piece of bread and then layer in order: the Parmesan, crispy pancetta, and sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and finish with another layer of romaine.
- Place the top slice of ciabatta on top and cut into four pieces crosswise.
- Serve at room temperature.
Perfect taste! The only change was the bread, I didn't have Ciabatta, so I used my homemade bun. Other then that used fresh ham, lovely chicken and of course the great Ceasar dressing- yum! Will make again, we're lucky to have one to photo, cause' I wanted to chow down. Made for Everyday is a Holiday!
This was scrumptious !!!! I just downsized the recipe because we were only 2. I found these mini Ciabatta breads at Super Target of all places which worked out perfectly because when cut in half it served the two of us. I had cooked the pancetta in the morning and made the dressing as well, then just brought everything to work and assembled there for lunch. I loved the taste the pancetta gave in this sandwich. I also buttered the bread before putting in the oven. When I grilled my chicken I had put a little bit of salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. But this was a great delicious sandwich and very filling. Thanks so much for sharing Lori I will be making this one again, we loved it.
These were so good! Wrapped them up and took them for lunch on a hike. May have just been the outdoor air, but one of the best sandwiches ever!!! Bought pre-cooked sliced chicken breasts so they were super easy too!