Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The original recipe is from Cuisine at Home and calls for buttermilk. I make this using yogurt. It is delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grated cheese, lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss romaine and croutons with 1/4 cup dressing. Any remaining dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Made half recipe, just the right size for ME! Fresh tasting dressing and topped with Croutons. Served with Lemon-Dill Chicken Patties with Orzo for a well rounded summer supper. Thanks for sharing Paula. Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
The DS and I loved this, I didn't have yoghurt so used a low fat mayo and for us it was delicious (we like tarty flavours), the DM enjoyed the dressing to soften her croutons so she could eat them (croutons were Croutons by Luckeydevil), sorry it is a struggle to get the DM to eat green vegetables and especially leafy varieties, I used baby cos lettuce leafs. Thank you PaulaG for a super easy delicious salad.
Paula, this was just a bit too tart and tangy for our liking. I love using the fresh ingredients and it made a very pretty presentation. After adding a sprinkling of Splenda and mixing it into the salad, it was better. Perhaps only one tablespoon of lemon juice would work better for us. MERP'd for Potluck Tag.