- 12 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin with butter flavor no-stick cooking spray. Trim crusts off bread; spray both sides of bread with butter flavor no-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and cracked black pepper. Lightly sprinkle mixture over both sides of bread.
- Use a rolling pin to slightly flatten bread and embed the spice mixture. Press each slice into a muffin cup, allowing edges to hang over cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp (like a crouton). Remove from oven and cool.
- Toss lettuce with dressing; spoon into crouton cups; sprinkle Parmesan cheese on each mini salad.