Recipe by Normaone
This is the "recipe" that a waiter performed tableside at a Spanish Bay restaurant in Pebble Beach several years ago. The measurements are very flexible. Egg substitute can be used for the raw egg.
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 3 -4 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon
- 1 egg, raw
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar or 1 dash red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes extra virgin olive oil
- romaine lettuce, as needed
- crouton, as needed
- parmesan cheese, freshly shredded, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash together very thoroughly, the garlic and the anchovie fillets. Add lemon juice, Grey Poupon, and egg. Mix thoroughly. Add Worchestershire Sauce, vinegar and olive oil. Mix together. Just before eating the salad, add torn romaine, croutons and parmesan. Toss.