No anchovies or raw egg in this delicious, creamy, vegan version of Caesar salad dressing. Ground almonds add a nice texture to the dressing as well, quite similar to that of the grated hard cheese found in the traditional recipe. Serve this over chopped romaine lettuce and home made croutons! From Veganomicon, the Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
- Blend garlc, tofu and oil in a blender until creamy.
- Add lemon juice, capers, brine, sugar and mustard powder, and pulse to combine.
- Check and adjust lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Pour into container and add crumbled almonds.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This definitely fills the void of caesar salad for me! It's packed with raw garlic, so beware! I used 4 large cloves, think I might have scaled that back to 3 as the recipe suggests. Made exactly as written, it has filled up a 2 cup (500ml) canning jar to the rim. It's a really thick dressing, so quick to make and much more affordable (and tasty) than those fresh dressings you find in the grocery store. I look forward to putting together a great salad tomorrow. Love Veganomicon, another great one from that book. Thx for posting Kozmic.