Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Christmas season is here, and I have been searching for mix recipes to jar as presents. Recipe from Mary Mae's Jars and Mixes.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons graded parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; stir until well blended.
- Put mixture in a foil packet or 1-pint glass jar and label as Caesar Salad Dressing Mix.
- Store in a cool dry place and use within 3 to 4 months.
- Makes One 3/4 cup serving (3 Tablespoons) Instructions for Jar: CAESAR SALAD DRESSING: Combine 1 pkg of mix, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup lemon juice in a glass jar.
- Shake until well blended.
- Chill before serving.
Great find! I used a little less lemon juice to start with (1/8 c?) and liked it. I wanted to write a review because my hubby, who eats no salad if it doesn't have ceasar dressing on it, commented after supper that, "That was good dressing." Thanks for sharing!
This was a great mix and so cheap compared to commercial store bought mixes! The only change I would make next time is to add less lemon zest as I found it made the dressing a bit too tart for our tastes. I would use only half the amount next time. Thanks for posting!