Recipe by katie in the UP
Much to my joy, I adopted this recipe last year! After making this, the only change I made was to note, soft-silken tofu works very well! Next time I will try the firm.
Top Review by Betsy Chesser
WOW I thought this recipe was great! I substituted 1/3 c mayo for the tofu (which I didn't have) and I know it makes it less than lo-cal, but it was fantastic. Best I've ever had! Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄3 cup tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 teaspoon anchovy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar, pinch
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan of simmering water, poach tofu for 2 minutes; drain, chop coarsely and let cool.
- In blender, blend lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy, salt, sugar and pepper.
- With blender running, gradually add tofu, cheese and oil.
- Transfer to small jar and refrigerate covered, for up to 2 days.