1/2 Photos of Caesar Salad Dressing
Kim D.'s Note:
The perfect Caesar dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (one small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1/3-1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded, inner leaves washed and dried (ten-ounce heads)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- crouton (to garnish)
- 1In a large wooden bowl, using a wooden spoon, mash chopped garlic cloves to a fine paste with salt.
- 2Stir in egg yolks and Dijon mustard.
- 3Add anchovies, and grind to a paste.
- 4Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce and season with pepper.
- 5Slowly whisk in olive/canola oil until dressing is creamy.
- 6Add lettuce to bowl, and toss to coat leaves thoroughly with dressing and grated Parmesan.
- 7Sprinkle croutons over salad.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 1219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 16.4 g