The perfect Caesar dressing.
Make and share this Caesar Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (one small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded, inner leaves washed and dried (ten-ounce heads)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- crouton (to garnish)
- In a large wooden bowl, using a wooden spoon, mash chopped garlic cloves to a fine paste with salt.
- Stir in egg yolks and Dijon mustard.
- Add anchovies, and grind to a paste.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce and season with pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive/canola oil until dressing is creamy.
- Add lettuce to bowl, and toss to coat leaves thoroughly with dressing and grated Parmesan.
- Sprinkle croutons over salad.