Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is always better the next day, when all the garlic has soaked in.A friend and I created this recipe in the restaurant I worked in and it received rave reviews. "If the garlic doesn't burn it's not worth eating"
- 5 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 5 cups vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs till they are light and bouncy.
- SLOWLY drizzle the oil and emulsify with the eggs.
- Add parmessan and rest of the ingredients.
- NOTE: If using raw eggs use the dressing as soon as possible.
DH and I enjoyed this dressing very much. The first time I made it, I beat the eggs WAY too much, and took SLOWLY way too seriously, so the dressing was too thick. The flavor was nice and sharp and worked well with parmesan cheese and croutons in the salad. The next time I made it, I worked faster and added anchovy paste (we love the flavor and did miss it the first time around) and the consistency was much more what we were expecting. Very unique taste and a good recipe, Arabannie!