Recipe by Crazymomma in Vancouver
This is my Husbands Concoction and it is our family's favorite... its spicy and zippy and creamy! All measurements are in close proximity of what he does, I had to guess as he was making it as he is just a pincher and a dasher...
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (Grated)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 -4 garlic cloves (depends on how garlicky you like it)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt (dash or two)
- pepper (dash or two)
- 1⁄2 cup light canola oil (or sunflower oil and the 1/2 cup is an estimate)
Directions See How It's Made
- IN a blender or Food Processor blend together the first 8 ingredients until well combined.
- Now Remove the top, keeping the blender/processor going on its lowest speed and gradually add the oil in a thin stream.
- Keep adding oil until your dressing gets to your desired consistency. I find that the more oil you add -- the thicker and creamier the dressing gets.
- Cover and Refrigerate 2 hours - up to 4 days.
- This recipe takes 10 minutes to make top to bottom.
- I don't like my salad drenched in dressing so for me this makes about 5 Family Sized salads.