Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been using this recipie for 30 years and have always had positive comments by those who have tried it. It is not a whimpy dressing, so I hope you like garlic (which can be increased for you hard core cooks).
- 1 head romaine lettuce (broken into pieces)
- 59.14 ml olive oil, infused with
- 2-3 mashed garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml anchovy paste (or mashed fillets)
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 coddled egg (boiled for 1 min)
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 354.88 ml breadcrumbs, toasted in a garlic and olive oil and butter mixture
- 78.07 ml freshly ground parmesan cheese
- Mix olive oil and garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, anchovy, Tabasco, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix well into Romaine.
- Add croutons (breadcrumbs).
- Break, and mix in coddled egg.
- Mix in parmesan.
- Add more pepper to taste.
Fantastic Caesar salad. I made the dressing in the food processor so it only took a minute, and the result was restaurant quality. Thank you.
Caesar salad as good as any I've ever had, at home or tableside at a restaurant. Only change I made was I used dijon instead of dry mustard since that was all I had. It was also very easy to make. Thanks for this great recipe!
Perfection! This is the same recipe I've been using for years. It is everything a Classic Caesar should be. I use mashed anchovy fillets (I'm a traditionalist). Thank you so much for posting, Dug.