1/1 Photo of Caesar Salad - Classic
I have been using this recipie for 30 years and have always had positive comments by those who have tried it. It is not a whimpy dressing, so I hope you like garlic (which can be increased for you hard core cooks).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce (broken into pieces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, infused with
- 2 -3 mashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or mashed fillets)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 coddled egg (boiled for 1 min)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, toasted in a garlic and olive oil and butter mixture
- 1/3 cup freshly ground parmesan cheese
- 1Mix olive oil and garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, anchovy, Tabasco, pepper and lemon juice.
- 2Mix well into Romaine.
- 3Add croutons (breadcrumbs).
- 4Break, and mix in coddled egg.
- 5Mix in parmesan.
- 6Add more pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad - Classic
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 631.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 12.9 g