Recipe by kiwidutch
This is an unusual twist to the classic Caesar Salad, it makes a beautiful presentation and easy to make! COOKS NOTES: Please adjust quantities to suit your tastes. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: United States of America.
Top Review by Alskann
Refreshing and easy to make. I did not mold this salad as I was only making it for dh & myself. I used medium shrimp and added about a tablespoon of anchovy paste to the dressing. Those are the only changes I made. I did not mold the salad but rather tossed it all together in a large salad bowl. Couldn't have been simpler, and it makes a colorful presentation. It is a nice change from your usual caesar salad. We will make this one again.
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chiffonade into approximately 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2-1 cup baby shrimp, approximately 2 to 3 tablespoons per person or 1⁄2-1 cup crab, about 2 to 3 tablespoons per person
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, cut approximately 1/2 inch long
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 2 cups croutons
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all ingredients. Put Romaine chiffonade in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss lightly, add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Place a ring on the plate, such as a clean tuna can with both ends removed.
- Fill the ring approximately half full with romaine, add shrimp or crab and chives lightly packing it down in the ring with a spoon.
- Add more Romaine, filling the ring to the top, packing it down again lightly.
- Carefully remove the ring, top with Parmesan and croutons and serve.