Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
Make and share this Caesar Salad Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce (two dashes)
- Worcestershire sauce (two dashes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 12 romaine lettuce, heart leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- To make the mayonnaise: combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and stir in the cheese; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours before serving so flavors can meld.
- To make the burgers: divide the meat into 4 equal portions (6 oz each); form each portion loosely into a ¾ inch thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb.
- Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper; cook the burgers, using the oil-- heat oil in the pan or griddle over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer; cook the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey.
- Flip burgers over; cook beef burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, 4 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to desired degree of doneness; cook turkey burgers until cooked throughout, about 5 minutes on the second side.
- Place the burgers on the bun bottoms and spread a few tablespoons of the Caesar mayonnaise on each burger.
- Top with the romaine lettuce leaves and sprinkle with the Parmesan and black pepper.
- Cover with the bun tops and serve immediately.
What an awesome dressing! I was eating it right off the spoon till my husband yanked it out of my hands, lol. The recipe made a lot more than needed so later that evening I tossed some romaine, chicken tenders, and garlic croutons and enjoyed the Caesar Mayonnaise a second time. This will be my goto recipe anytime I need it and oh yes, BTW, the burgers were good too. Made for New Kids on the Block, a tag game.