Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 slices sourdough bread, abt 3 x 4 x 1/2 inch
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered lengthwise
- Combine ground beef, minced garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Lightly shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties, shaping to fit the bread slices.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile brush both sides of bread slices lightly with oil.
- Place bread around outer edge of grid.
- Grill a few minutes until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Remove bread from grid; rub both sides of each slice with a garlic quarter.
- Place one lettuce leaf on four of the crostini; top each with a burger.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese; cover with remaining crostini.
- Cut burgers in half, if desired; arrange on lettuce-lined platter, if desired.