1/4 Photos of Caesar Salad
My all-time favourite salad. No other even comes close - well, maybe a spinach/bacon/egg one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 flat anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons (recipe in my cookbook)
- 1Mince and mash the garlic with the anchovies to form a paste and, in a bowl, whisk together paste, yolks, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and lemon juice.
- 2Add oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- 3Toss Romaine with Parmesan and croutons in a bowl; add dressing and toss well to coat.
- 4Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.2
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 621.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar