Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My all-time favourite salad. No other even comes close - well, maybe a spinach/bacon/egg one.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 flat anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons (recipe in my cookbook)
- Mince and mash the garlic with the anchovies to form a paste and, in a bowl, whisk together paste, yolks, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and lemon juice.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Toss Romaine with Parmesan and croutons in a bowl; add dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Definitely five stars. Made this with Mean Chef's Fettuccine Alfredo and Tracy K's brussel sprout recipe. Really terrific--liked how many anchovy fillets were used, really perked up the flavor, and I found the addition of both vinegars to add a whole other dimension to the caesar dressing. Thanks for posting this Evelyn!
Thank you! I was looking for a Caesar salad to serve with Shrimp Alfredo, and this was an awesome addition to the meal! The flavors blended beautifully. We did end up adding extra garlic, Worcestershire sauce and anchovies, only because my husband likes the extra 'zing'. I suggest using the side of a large knife to make the garlic & anchovy paste, it worked well for me. Thanks again!
We loved it!!!! We cut down the amount of olive oil by 1/3 to increase taste and cut down on fat. It was so simple to mix up in the Magic Bullet and will definitely be a staple in our kitchen.