Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My all-time favourite salad. No other even comes close - well, maybe a spinach/bacon/egg one.
Make and share this Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 flat anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons (recipe in my cookbook)
- Mince and mash the garlic with the anchovies to form a paste and, in a bowl, whisk together paste, yolks, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and lemon juice.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Toss Romaine with Parmesan and croutons in a bowl; add dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Definitely five stars. Made this with Mean Chef's Fettuccine Alfredo and Tracy K's brussel sprout recipe. Really terrific--liked how many anchovy fillets were used, really perked up the flavor, and I found the addition of both vinegars to add a whole other dimension to the caesar dressing. Thanks for posting this Evelyn!
We loved it!!!! We cut down the amount of olive oil by 1/3 to increase taste and cut down on fat. It was so simple to mix up in the Magic Bullet and will definitely be a staple in our kitchen.
I made this last night for dinner and I will NEVER buy boughten caesar dressing again. I whipped this up in the blender and it couldn't have been simpler. I followed you directions except I added black olives and grape tomatoes to the salad. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe.