Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice lower fat version to the classic Caesar Salad. Add grilled chicken to make Chicken Caesar Salad.
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 4 slices bread (fresh or stale, whatever you have)
- 3 slices shoulder bacon
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, extra
- For dressing blend or process mayonnaise, hard boiled egg, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, anchovy fillets and parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Cut bread slices into 1cm cubes, if you like leave the crusts on.
- To make croutons place bread cubes on an oven tray and spray with cooking spray, bake in moderate oven for around 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut bacon into small pieces, spray a small fry pan with cooking spray and cook bacon until crisp.
- Place lettuce leaves, croutons, bacon pieces, extra parmesan cheese and drizzle with dressing.