Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect Caesar salad
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup terra medi extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups of 1/2-inch cubes Italian bread
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small romaine lettuce, heads
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons terra medi extra virgin olive oil
- Halve 2 garlic cloves lengthwise.
- Heat butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons of oil and salt and pepper until butter is melted.
- Remove mixture from heat and infuse for 10 minutes.
- Discard garlic.
- Toss bread in mixture.
- Bake bread, mixing occasionally, at 350 degrees, until golden.
- Mash remaining garlic with some salt.
- Whisk in lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt & 20 turns of ground pepper.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs to dressing and whisk.
- Add olive oil slowly, while whisking.
- Toss all components with remaining ingredients.