Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was the salad dressing/salad that was made at a cooking class I attended.
Make and share this Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
For the dressing
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 pinch pepper
For the salad
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- anchovy packed in oil
- parmesan cheese, grated
- In a food processor or blender combine the egg yolks, garlic, anchovy paste, mustard and Worcestershire. Add lemon juice and process.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the feed tube and process until blended.
- To make the salad - put lettuce in salad bowl, add enough of the dressing to coat lettuce and top with the grated cheese and anchovies (if using).
Fantastic! Highly recommended. I added grilled chicken using Kittencal's Greek Chicken Marinade. I also grilled the halved romaine using EVOO, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Added the large croutons and diced tomato.
Overall, this is a very good salad. I didn't have freshly grated parmesan cheese and I really think that makes a difference in this salad. The dressing was very good, I used fresh lemons for the juice and it was so yummy. I did miss the large croutons so think I might add them next time. Thank you for such a great recipe. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
We've never met a Caesar we didn't like (salad that is)... Very easy to put together, and the taste is very good although we would use less worcestershire next time. We did not use the anchovies or anchovy paste. Overall, a great salad. Thanks for posting.