Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was the salad course in a menu emailed to me from ArcaMax Chef. One pasteurized egg can also be used in place of the egg substitute and fat free croutons for a diet friendly salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets (optional)
- crouton, garnish if desired (optional)
- parmesan cheese, Fresh grated for garnish
- In a large salad bowl place the lettuce.
- In a blender combine the next six, seven ingredients if you include the anchovies, and blend until smooth.
- Before serving drizzle dressing over salad and top with croutons and cheese.
Sooo glad to have this recipe as I don't like using raw eggs in any dish. This is my first time to use an egg substitute and it worked great. Will use this dressing often. : )
I love caesar salad, and this version was delicious. I used all romaine because that is what I had on hand. I used anchovy paste instead of anchovy fillets, and shaved the parm instead of grating (so its easier to get on my fork!) Delicious lunch for me today. Thanks for sharing! Made for Market Tag game.
I followed this recipe as listed except for using only romaine lettuce and it turned out perfect. I will be making this again. Thanks so much for sharing your 5 star recipe!!