Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The real thing, from scratch. Scrumptious!
Make and share this Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 egg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup herbed croutons
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- pepper, course ground
- Tear, wash, & dry lettuce.
- Coddle the egg by placing in boiling water (still in shell) for one minute, remove, and set aside to cool.
- In frying pan on low heat, add a dash of salt, 1 1/2 T of oil, & 1/2 of the garlic.
- When warm, add croutons, & brown lightly.
- In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, the rest of the garlic & a dash of worcestershire sauce. Slowly add the rest of the oil while whisking. Stir in anchovies. Crack egg, scooping out of shell & whisk into dressing.
- Add romaine & toss.
- Add parmesan cheese, pepper, & croutons & toss again.
- After making this again, I agree with the first review - too lemony.
- I've edited & cut the lemon in half.
This is a nice salad dressing, but for me it tasted more like a lemon/egg viniagarette than a ceasar salad dressing. I have never made a home-made ceasar dressing, but have had it many times in the restaurants, and it just seemed to be missing something. Made for Spring PAC 2008.