One Little Deer's Note:
A really nice Caesar salad recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Croutons
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick) or 6 slices French bread, cut into (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 large egg, hardboiled
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely minced
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1To make the croutons, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Spread the bread cubes in a single layer in one or more large shallow roasting pans. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss well. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the bread is toasted and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- 3To make the salad, place the egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain the egg and cool under running water. Peel.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the garlic and anchovies. Mash them together into a paste. Beat in the egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt and pepper to taste. Gradually beat in the cheese and olive oil. Taste for seasoning.
- 5Toss the lettuce with the dressing. Sprinkle with the croûtons. Toss again and taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 357.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g