Recipe by TJW
NO Anchovies! This is adapted from a recipe by Tim Melzer. It is a staple on our menu now.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 100 g fresh grated parmesan cheese (light if you want)
- 6 slices white bread, sliced into crouton sized cubes (can use bagel chips, baguette etc.)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and put in the fridge until ready to use (can be done ahead up to 24 hours).
- Heat a couple tablespoons olive oil in a pan and add the white bread and toss until golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and drain the salad, mix in the bowl with the croutons.
- Toss in the desired amount of dressing and top with parmesan cheese.
- Feel free to add grilled chicken to this too for a main course.