Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my brother's recipe taken from an Alaskan Seafood restaurant. They make the salad at the table while you watch.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 (2 ounce) cans anchovy fillets (in oil)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- In large wooden bowl, mash garlic with a fork.
- Add anchovies and mash to a fine paste using back of spoon.
- Break egg into bowl, juice lemon and add juice.
- Mix well.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and mix in parmesan.
- Add lettuce and toss.
- Add croutons.
- Serve sprinkled with more cheese.
I've used this recipe so often and keep forgetting to say "GREAT-EASY and THANK YOU", Tendoy5 !