1/1 Photo of Caesar Salad
Alanna Sanders-Nevills's Note:
Easy to make-kids big or small love it. Nose friendly anchovy paste method. I am asked to bring this salad to every function
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup lemon juice (This amount has been reduced effective Nov5/08 due to reviews. Thanks everyone)
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 2 -3 inches anchovy paste (right from the tube)
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil (fresher the better)
- fresh ground pepper
- clean and torn romaine leaf
- crispy bacon bits
- 1In a blender, whiz up first 6 ingredients then slowly drizzle olive oil in while blender is still running to make a creamy emulsion.
- 2Some people like to add an egg yolk at this time, but that is up to you.
- 3Chill dressing in blender carafe for at least 20 minutes to 1 hour. Whiz up to mix again and taste and make any adjustments.
- 4Assemble torn lettuce and coutons and bacon in very large bowl.
- 5Then adding dressing a bit at a time and tossing until coated.
- 6Present with a little more cheese and pepper if desired.
- 7my secret touch: I cube and toast any left over bread like sourdough, pumpernickle, italian - about 1 inch cubes.
- 8I put in the oven and toast on a cookie sheet.
- 9After I fry my bacon bits,, I reserve a tablespoon of bacon drippings in the frypan and add another tablespoon or so of butter and a little seasoning salt.
- 10I toss the toasted bread cubes in the yummy drippings, right in the same pan as the bacon was made in and let cool a bit before tossing on salad -- these are buttery and yummy.
- 11This step can be made ahead. sinfull.
- 12Your heart will thank you lol.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 52.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: