Recipe by ThinkAndDrive
The other half of the Salmon Burger and Caesar Slaw recipe from Rachel Ray's Express Lane Meals. I dropped the Radicchio because I rarely see it by itself and don't like it that much myself.
Top Review by rosslare
Very good and simple side salad, I did use the mentioned radicchio as well. The lemon juice was quite overpowering, though, and I would only use very small lemon next time and not add all the juice at once, but taste first.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bottoms off the romaine hearts and separate the leaves into a colander.
- Rinse and shake them as dry as you can.
- Gather up the leaves and shred them as finely as you like.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire to a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil a drizzle at a time to create an emulsification.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in the grated cheese and the romaine shreds.
- Toss to coat evenly.