Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are a ton of coleslaw recipes out there, and I'm sure each of us believes that they make the best! Well, here's one to throw into the pot! lol No matter who's tastes the best, they all share a common problem, becoming soggy. One way would be to put the dressing on at the last minute, especially when it's traveling.When I make my cole slaw, I don't chop or shred it real fine or shred it too small. .The cabbage doesn't stand up to the dressing.This coleslaw is not only beautiful and festive, but it's also delicious! Note**I don't salt my slaw or dressing until it goes to the table; I find that the salt leeches out the moisture and can become too "wet".
- 3 cups red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise (I use light but you could probably use fat free or full-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (**)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine salt and garlic together to form a paste. Add to other dressing ingredients and mix well. In large bowl combine cabbage, carrots and green onions with the dressing.
- Toss until completely coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve cold.
- For the sauce:.
- Combine ingredients until combined.
- Store leftover dressing in refrigetator, covered for approximately 1 week.
LOVE THIS! I am so pleasantly surprised by how tasty this coleslaw is! I would never have dreamed of using ceasar dressing in a coleslaw. It's delicious! The dressing itself is also absolutely wonderful and I will be using that on other salads. I skipped the carrots but only because I was out of them. I'll add them next time. Thanks, FLUFFSTER for another keeper.
Delicious coleslaw, and only gets better with chilling time, I used a small package coleslaw mix, used 3 green onions, increased the Tabasco slightly, I also added in 1/4 cup buttermilk to the mayo mixture, this is very good, thanks for another winner Di!