Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A very welcome change from "every day" potato salad. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, mashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes, cover and cook for 18 minutes.
- Place potatoes on paper towels or a clean dish towel and pat dry.
- Cut into 1/4 inch cubes and place in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with onions, parsley, lemon rind, and garlic, set aside.
- In a food processor or blender mix together the egg, buttermilk, mayo, lemon juice, anchovy paste and blend until smooth.
- Pour over potatoes and toss.
- Add the parmesan cheese, pepper and salt.
- Toss well and chill or serve warm.
This was so amazingly good Di-thanks. I made it slightly different to your method, but it worked well. I cut my unpeeled potatoes into 3/4 inch chunks and boiled them for 10 minutes-didn't have the patience to cut into 1/4 inch dice as you suggested. I didn't have anchovy paste, so mashed 2 anchovies, and in step7, I hand mixed all that stuff, rather than processing it, so it still had texture. I liked it that way, and would do that again. Anyway, it's my new favourite potato salad!!