Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A deliciously different salad that gets raves everywhere I take it. Pasta in green salad is an unexpected ingredient.
- 5 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix together well.
- add pasta and lettuce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- May substitute chicken and bacon for shrimp.
What a great light summer salad! I prepared as directed by the recipe. I am not a Miracle Whip gal, but DH is definitely a Miracle Whip guy, so I did not sub mayo. Next time just out of curiosity, I will sub mayo for the miracle whip. I think the dressing will have a more delicate and light flavor. I do want to try the chicken and bacon as suggested by the chef. DH and I enjoyed this for a light lunch today. The ingredients melded so well together, filling but not heavy! Thanks Kathy!! Prepared for PAC 2007