Recipe by Kim127
This recipe is from the June 2004 issue of Gourmet magazine. Has a nice zing! This will serve about 4-6 people as a main course or over 8 as a side or starter.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Excellent! Going into my fast but good cookbook. I (sort of) halved the recipe, by using 6 ounces pasta, an 8 ounce bag of caesar salad mix and only about 1 tablespoon oil. Everything else I cut in half as written. Since we are vegetarians, I omitted the anchovy paste altogether and made this a complete meal by adding veggie chick'n strips. Thoroughly enjoyable and easy. Great midweek one-dish meal. Will make this again. Thank you!
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked til tender, rinsed and drained
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fine grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup crouton