Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the June 2004 issue of Gourmet magazine. Has a nice zing! This will serve about 4-6 people as a main course or over 8 as a side or starter.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked til tender, rinsed and drained
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fine grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup crouton
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add pasta, romaine, cheese and croutons.
- Toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent! Going into my fast but good cookbook. I (sort of) halved the recipe, by using 6 ounces pasta, an 8 ounce bag of caesar salad mix and only about 1 tablespoon oil. Everything else I cut in half as written. Since we are vegetarians, I omitted the anchovy paste altogether and made this a complete meal by adding veggie chick'n strips. Thoroughly enjoyable and easy. Great midweek one-dish meal. Will make this again. Thank you!
I love how people say they made it "exactly as written" and then proceed to explain that they changed almost every single step. Lol
This has become my "go to" salad for potlucks or BBQ. I used mini bow tie pasta (1/2 the amount listed). Great main course with chicken added!