Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this as a side for dinner tonight--mmm!! It was very good--even better than I expected! It was creamy and comforting, and the sweetness of the asparagus perfectly complemented the saltiness of the dressing. It was fairly speedy, too--always a plus!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup caesar salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to boil. Add orzo; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing.
Had this for lunch with a side salad. Very simple flavors that go well together. I used light Caesar dressing. Added a skosh of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Thanks.
I just love this recipe! It's simply wonderful! I've made it many times with fresh broccoli instead of the asparagus and its just as good, You could probably try Ranch dressing instead of creamy Caesar if you wanted to.
Not to my likings. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe. :)