Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I made this as a side for dinner tonight--mmm!! It was very good--even better than I expected! It was creamy and comforting, and the sweetness of the asparagus perfectly complemented the saltiness of the dressing. It was fairly speedy, too--always a plus!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Had this for lunch with a side salad. Very simple flavors that go well together. I used light Caesar dressing. Added a skosh of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Thanks.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup caesar salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to boil. Add orzo; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing.