Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not a classic caesar, but has a warm meaty-mushroom topping... Entry for the contest June 25-July 10, 2002
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice the chicken and pork into 1/2" cubes.
- Cut the mushrooms into approximately the same size as the meat cubes.
- Add 1 tbsp of the soya sauce to a non-stick pan and cook the pork and chicken at a medium heat (add more soya sauce if required to prevent from burning) When the meat is no longer looking pink, add the mushrooms and 2 tbsp soya sauce.
- Reduce heat and cook until the meat is well done and the mushrooms tender (add more soya sauce if required to prevent from burning).
- Crush and then mince the garlic and put in a glass salad bowl.
- Add the caesar dressing and black pepper and crush together with the garlic with the back of a tablespoon.
- Rip up the romaine lettuce and add to the salad bowl and toss until mixed (depending of the size of the head, you may need more dressing than this).
- (I like to wash and dry the lettuce first) Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Top with the meat mushroom mixture.
found this caesar salad, alittle bit different than I have made..it all came together...was great...