Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Be warned! This is one of those "just ONE more bite" recipes! I've been using this recipe for 18 years and have handed it out too many times to count!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml white vinegar
- 2.46 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml crouton
- 9.85 ml bacon bits
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and add anchovy paste and garlic.
- Beat in vegetable oil to this mixture VERY slowly (to prevent seperating) while you continue mixing.
- Add lemon juice and vinegars and seasonings.
- If the dressing is too thick, thin with a little more lemon juice.
- Pour over letture and garnish with parmesan,.
- croutons and bacon bits.
I suggest you use 1/4 cup of egg subsitute and 2 tsp of anchovy paste. Create a mash by mixing the anchovy paste and the garlic together, then mix all the other ingredients. It makes all the difference.
This wasn't so addictive for us. I followed the recipe, even with the anchovy paste. Turned out thin and really did not have that caesar bite.