Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Be warned! This is one of those "just ONE more bite" recipes! I've been using this recipe for 18 years and have handed it out too many times to count!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- 2 teaspoons bacon bits
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and add anchovy paste and garlic.
- Beat in vegetable oil to this mixture VERY slowly (to prevent seperating) while you continue mixing.
- Add lemon juice and vinegars and seasonings.
- If the dressing is too thick, thin with a little more lemon juice.
- Pour over letture and garnish with parmesan,.
- croutons and bacon bits.