Recipe by T-Logan
Great dressing - it makes me look forward to eating salad. This recipe makes a HUGE batch of dressing, but this is hands down the BEST Caesar dressing I've ever eaten. Thankfully Carnival kindly provided the recipe to me upon request. I will be breaking this down into smaller increments to make here at home. I have left measurements as I received them. You'll have to convert them from metric on your own. Or use the exact metric measurements for best results.
- 1 lb egg yolk
- 1⁄2 lb shredded parmesan cheese
- 7 ounces fresh peeled garlic
- 5 ounces anchovy fillet
- 5 ounces anchovy paste
- 1⁄4 quart lemon juice
- 2 ounces whole black peppercorns
- 1 ounce salt
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1⁄3 quart white vinegar
- 10 quarts vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and mix at high speed until creamy.
- Add oil slowly while beating and an emulsion starts to form.
- Continue adding oil in a slow stream until you have all the oil blended in and mixture looks like mayonnaise.
- Add rest of the ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Chill dressing until ready to use.