Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and mashed to a paste with ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
- Whisk dressing until combined well.
- Toss with salad greens or serve as a dip with crudités.
Stupendous! I made a bottle of this (added a little water and less cheese to make it thinner) and the whole family ate salad like it was going out of style...I didn't even put any vegetables in it (just plain romaine lettuce), but a few croutons would have been perfect. Very zesty and not for the faint of palate--my mom makes it with less anchovy paste since she's not a big fish lover--less garlic would tone it down also, but I loved it like this. Thanks Evelyn!
This is the third caesar salad dressing recipe I have tried on RecipeZaar, and it is the best so far! I like that it doesn't have any raw egg in it. The mayo makes it thick enough to use as a dressing or a dip. Thanks for posting! We have a ton of Romaine in our garden, and I'm sure we'll be making this often!
This was great! My whole family loved this & it was so easy. I WILL add more garlic next time since we are such garlic lovers, but this is a fantastic recipe as is.