Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This combination I use either on croutons or as a salad dressing
Make and share this Caesar Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 loaves white bread, crusts removed. cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes
- Add lemon zest, garlic powder, pepper,oreagno, parmesan cheese, parsley season salt, olive oil, fresh lemon juice mix with stick blender or whisk together well.
- In large bowl mix bread cubes with caeser dressing and mix well.
- Bake on two large cookie sheets 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until toasted. Stirring every 5 minutes. Ovens may vary a bit so watch closely.
- Cool compelety and store in air tight container.
- I buy day old bread and put in freezer then when Im ready to make crutons I take the bread out for about an hour then cube it, makes it a little easier, but make sure they are to room temp and soft before adding the ceasar mix.
- Save the crusts and toast in oven and make bread crumbs.
- When Im making caesar salad I use this recipe and add 2-3 anchovy fillets. A nice change from creamy dressings.
Yummy croutons that we enjoyed on our caesar salad. In fact, they enhanced the salad immensely. I left the crusts on the bread slices I used and thought that added to the pleasure of eating the croutons, having a little variety in texture. Thanks for posting this recipe!
I made this for my Ceasar Salad over the weekend. OMG, this is better than store bought. Everyone kept asking me what brand\kind they were ;) I halved the recipe and still had leftovers. My kids were munching on them the next day for a snack. They had a wonderful flavor... I will definitely make these again. What great raves. I took your suggestion with the bread and froze it first. Nice Tip. Worked perfect. Thanks for sharing another awesome recipe. (PAC 2007)