Recipe by Mrs Goodall
I must admit I am not a coleslaw fan but this recipe, (I slightly adaptad from Bon Appetite), has become one of my favorite summer dishes. Mixing the cabbages keeps the Savoy from becoming overpowering. It is perfect for a potluck or bbq. I even served it at my wedding!
Top Review by Annacia
I can truly say that I've never had anchovy's in cole slaw before but I liked it, a lot. The dressing is amazing. Who knew that slaw could be this good. I followed the recipe except I made just half of it. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 9 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 16 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated & packed)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs savoy cabbage
- 3⁄4 lb napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 lb red cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve, core and very thinly slice cabbages. Should yield about 16 cups.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Place cabbage and green onions in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving mix cheese into coleslaw. Transfer to large shallow bowl and serve.