Recipe by HotChaiLatte
Easy delicious one skillet meal using common ingredients. I have doubled recipe using a very large deep skillet and cutting up chicken into slightly smaller pieces to fit. It pays to get high quality chicken broth if possible.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, pasta (or rosamarina, 6 ounces)
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen baby whole carrot, green beans and yellow beans (or other combination)
- 3 tablespoons caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 10- inch skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown. Romove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broth and water to skillet; Heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Stir in frozen vegetables and dressing. Add chicken. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thickest pieces are cut.