Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 cups shredded roasted skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces)
- 3 cups hot cooked penne (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
I was going to post this, but after a search, I found it was already here. So I'll review it, since I just made it, lol! Fabulous pasta salad! I used a 10 oz. package of Perdue Shortcuts Original Roast chicken, so it really came together quickly. I ran cold water over the pasta for a chilled salad. And I used grape tomatoes, nice and sweet. This is so delicious, and you know, the roamine was even crispy the second day. I will be making this again, and again! Especially on those nights where there isn't much time to get dinner on the table. Thanks kc!
This recipe has been one of my favorites for a long while. I first saw it in Cooking Light magazine and have been making it ever since. I tend to just use Newman's Own Caesar Dressing rather than light or fat free and I use grape tomatoes as well. I like to just grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to chop up and throw in, it ends up quick, easy, and super flavorful that way. This is a great dinner on a hot day when cooking doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
This is a wonderful recipe. It's excellent when first made and tastes even better the next day. I have doubts about the calorie count listed for it. 838 calories for one serving? With fat free dressing? Don't think so. But all in all, a great keeper.