Recipe by MarieRynr
Pasta in a light Caesar sauce topped with crisp, browned croutons.
Top Review by Mom to two picky eaters!
Yum! I used 1 C. of dressing, omitted the red pepper, used 2 C. mozzarella and garlic butter flavored croutons. DH won't normally eat caesar dressing, but gave this a try and even HE loved it! Will definitely make again! One thing I will try next time - adding the croutons halfway through the cook time. My croutons wanted to get too brown before the casserole was really hot. Thanks!!!
- 7 ounces uncooked dry penne pasta (2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup creamy caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups caesar-flavor croutons
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except croutons and Parmesan cheese in large bowl.
- Add cooked pasta; stir to combine.
- Spoon pasta mixture into ungreased 2-quart round casserole.
- Top with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and croutons are golden brown.