Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I love the flavor of Caesar dressing and this recipe fits the bill! I marinate the chicken in the Caesar dressing for a bit first and cook the chicken longer initially.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli green beans pearl onions and red peppers)
- 3 tablespoons caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broth and water to skillet; heat to boiling.
- Stir in pasta, heat to boiling.
- Cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and dressing.
- Add chicken.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink.