Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
It doesn't get any simpler than this. The Caesar salad dressing not only adds a great garlicky flavor but helps keep the chicken moist during roasting.
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing (not creamy type)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Fold wings of chicken across back with tips touching. Tie or skewer drumsticks to tail. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh muscle and does not touch bone.
- Brush chicken with 1/4 cup dressing.
- Roast uncovered about 1-1/2 hours, brushing 2 or 3 times with remaining dressing, until thermometer reads 180 and juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thigh is cut.