This makes a very moist, delicious burger. Don't leave out the anchovy paste, it really adds a lot of flavor.
- In a large bowl beat egg, add beef, half of the parmesan, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Mix lightly by hand.
- Shape into four thick hamburger patties.
- Grease grill, heat to medium high.
- Place burgers on grill and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip burgers once and heat for another 10 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- In a small bowl whisk oil with garlic.
- Cut Kaiser rolls in half, brush garlic oil on each cut side, place on grill and toast until golden brown.
- Place burgers on rolls, sprinkle with remaining parmesan and top with lettuce, tomato and onion slices.
I love anchovies and Caesar salads are really the only salads I like, so I had to try this burger. It was good! The anchovy flavor really comes through- very nice. I halved the recipe and made four smaller patties, which was more than enough for us. I topped the burgers with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, and some Caesar dressing, and served them alongside a small Caesar salad. YUM.
Great burger to start off the grilling season. I guess I was expecting more of a punch, between the garlic rubbed roll and the anchovy paste/Parmesan cheese in the burger itself. It was a good, unique burger nonetheless. Thank you.
These were a real treat. You're right about the anchovy paste. I normally hate it, but it's essential to the overall taste. Delicious & very moist.