Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A heart combo of meat and potatoes, skewered and grilled, but only about 10g of fat per serving. Excellent serves over rice or couscous. YUM!
- 4 small new potatoes (1/2 lb.)
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup non-creamy caesar salad dressing
- salt & pepper
- Microwave potatoes in micro-safe dish covered in plastic wrap with holes punched in it for 4 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Cut beef steak into 1 1/4 inch pieces.
- Combine beef, potatoes, onions, bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Toss to coat.
- Marinate if desired, but not needed.
- Thread ingredients on skewer, alternating meat and veggie.
- Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes (med to med-rare) more if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing before serving.
I loved having the potatoes on the kabobs. Great addition! My meat wasn't flavored very well, so next time I'll be sure to marinate the meat well in advance.
I especially liked the new potatoes with the veggies on this kabob. I had creamy ceasar dressing that I wanted to use up, but even marinating the meat a day ahead, it did not flavor the meat much. It could have just been the meat since mine did not turn out to be very tender. The dressing was quite good on the vegetables. I think I will try making my own ceasar dressing next time. Also, thank you for the very well written directions.
Delicious! This was so easy to put together and was great because it didn't require any marinating time. I didn't realize the recipe called for non-creamy caesar dressing, so we used creamy and it still worked out great! Full flavor on the meat and the vegetables. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!