Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Simple and tasty side dish... from Betty Crocker
Make and share this Caesar and Bacon Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 unpeeled small red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups bit-size pieces romaine lettuce
- In 2-quart saucepan, place potatoes; add enough water to cover potatoes.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add green beans.
- Cook 4-6 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender; drain.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Peel and chop one of the eggs.
- In medium bowl, mix dressing, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, beans, chopped egg and bacon; stir gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line serving plate with lettuce.
- Spoon salad onto lettuce.
- Peel and coarsely chop remaining egg; sprinkle over salad.
I don't like potato salad but since this recipe uses Caesar dressing instead of mayo I decided to try it, it tastes amazing. I love bacon so I used bacon flavoured Caesar dressing and added some extra bacon to the salad.
Excellent and different! Loved the Caesar dressing instead of plain old mayo and used fresh green beans instead of the frozen. Will definitely keep this recipe handy for the future. Thanks, JG.
This was simply one of the best recipes for potato salad that I've ever had the pleasure of eating. The recipe came together quickly and was a perfect side dish for our grilled hamburgers. I loved the addition of the caesar dressing instead of the more traditional mayonnaise. Thanks for sharing the recipe!