Recipe by jovigirl
Simple and tasty side dish... from Betty Crocker
Top Review by oceansdust
I don't like potato salad but since this recipe uses Caesar dressing instead of mayo I decided to try it, it tastes amazing. I love bacon so I used bacon flavoured Caesar dressing and added some extra bacon to the salad.
- 6 unpeeled small red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups bit-size pieces romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan, place potatoes; add enough water to cover potatoes.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add green beans.
- Cook 4-6 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender; drain.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Peel and chop one of the eggs.
- In medium bowl, mix dressing, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, beans, chopped egg and bacon; stir gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line serving plate with lettuce.
- Spoon salad onto lettuce.
- Peel and coarsely chop remaining egg; sprinkle over salad.