Prep 48 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I spent loads of time looking for healthier alternatives for Easter and stumbled upon this. It takes time to make it, but is worth the time. To give credit where credit is due, I found this recipe from a combination of these sites: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/03/20/healthy-cadbury-creme-eggs/ http://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/2012/05/25/whipped-milk-ice-cream-no-machine/ http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2011/11/how-to-make-powdered-coconut-sugar.html Check these Bloggers out, they have a lot of great ideas!
- 1 (250 g) bag frozen peaches or 1 (250 g) bag mangoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia
Cream Filling (just use vanilla Ice cream or make your own)
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate (Use your double boiler to melt down baking chocolate or make your own)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (unrefined and softened)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or 15 g Agave
- Put both a can of evaporated milk in fridge and put an egg-shaped mold in the freezer overnight to chill.
- To make the yolks, combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth, than put it in the freezer
- For the cream filling; after the milk is thoroughly chilled over night, pour into a large mixing bowl and whip until fluffy, for about 40 seconds.
- Add the powdered palm sugar, slowly pouring into the bowl and whip until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and whip until combined.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for an hour, pull out from the freezer, whip for 1 minute and put back to the freezer, repeat this process 4 times and store until use
- Combine chocolate ingredients and stir to form a thin sauce, then take out the chilled candy mold and paint chocolate in a thin layer around the bottom and up the sides of each egg, using a small spoon. Freeze five minutes, then do another layer. Once they are thick enough and hardened, carefully remove from molds.
- Once all is prepared, fill the egg shells with the ice cream, then add a tiny scoop of the yellow filling to the middles, make them look like deviled eggs. You can meld two together by coating the seal with extra chocolate sauce if you’d prefer.